Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
170 - 6371 Crescent Road
Canada V6T 1Z2
Geological Engineering (MASc) - Master of Applied Science in Geological Engineering
||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:
||The Department of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences at UBC, one of the largest geoscience groups in Canada is composed of over 40 full-time faculty, a staff complement of 30, a total of 40 research associates and postdoctoral fellows. There are 160 graduate students in our department, who are represented by our EOAS Graduate Student Council.
Our Department's research extends from pure science studies of the earth's deep interior, through near-surface geological studies and environmental earth science, to the oceans and atmosphere. UBC earth scientists draw on a broad base of knowledge from the basic sciences of chemistry, physics, biology and mathematics.
Faculty members in the Geological Engineering program have research interests in the following general areas:
- landslides, debris flows, runout analysis, hazard assessment
- groundwater hydrology, groundwater contamination & remediation, reactive transport modeling, environmental geochemistry
- rock mechanics & rock engineering, open pit & underground mine design, tunnelling
||Geological Engineering (MASc) - Master of Applied Science in Geological Engineering at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: September 25, 2017