Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
170 - 6371 Crescent Road
Canada V6T 1Z2
Mining Engineering (MASc) - Master of Applied Science in Mining Engineering
||Faculty of Applied Science
|Field of Study:
||Mining and Mineral Engineering
||The Master of Applied Science is a Research degree requiring a thesis. Students can specialize in any of the following areas: social issues in mining, mining engineering, mineral processing, mining and the environment, Rock mechanics, Mine Economics, Safety, Corporate Social Responsibility, etc.
Backed by an unparalleled reputation for expertise and innovation in mineral extraction, mineral processing and environmental protection, the graduate program in Mining Engineering has two types of students in mind:
- Those from industry who wish to improve their workplace skills; and
- Those who wish to pursue research leading to advances in state-of-the-art or state-of-the-practice mining and mineral process engineering.
In order to best meet the needs of these two groups, the program encourages interaction between universities in North America and other countries. In many cases, this collaborative outlook leads to joint research projects and student exchanges.
- opportunities for interdisciplinary work on social, economic as well as engineering research
- international research opportunities
- travel opportunities
- connections to CIRDI
- Vancouver is a centre for Mining Activity in Canada with its abundance of junior mining companies, finance for mining companies, and law for mining companies.
||Mining Engineering (MASc) - Master of Applied Science in Mining Engineering at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: September 25, 2017