GradSchoolFinder.com

 
 

The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies

Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
170 - 6371 Crescent Road
Vancouver, BC
Canada V6T 1Z2

Clean Energy Engineering (MEL) - Master of Engineering Leadership in Clean Energy Engineering

   
Program Information
Faculty: Faculty of Applied Science
Degree: Master
Field of Study: Engineering, Other
Description As we improve existing technologies and transition to more sustainable energy systems, clean energy technologies will become increasingly vital to the world's energy mix. Industry and government are critically dependent on hiring talented technical leaders who can develop innovative and practical solutions. There is a growing need across multiple industries for technical experts in clean energy engineering. Our planet needs viable energy solutions to minimize environmental impacts, promote geopolitical stability and enable economic diversification. The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) Clean Energy Engineering is an intensive one-year degree program for engineers and environmental science graduates who want to make their sustainable vision a reality and advance their careers in the in-demand field of clean energy. The project-based curriculum covers all stages of the industry value chain and exposes you to alternative energy systems including hydro, wind, solar, tidal, geothermal and other emerging technologies. You will work in world-class facilities, including the Clean Energy Research Centre. This interdisciplinary research centre brings together engineers and industry partners who collaborate to develop practical solutions that can reduce the environmental impact of energy use and seek sustainable solutions. While 60 per cent of your classes will focus on your technical specialization, the remaining 40 per cent are leadership development courses that will enhance your business, communication and people skills. Delivery of the management and leadership courses are in partnership with UBC's Sauder School of Business.
Website: Clean Energy Engineering (MEL) - Master of Engineering Leadership in Clean Energy Engineering at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies
Course Based? Yes
Requirements
Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%): 76
Additional Admission Requirements:
  • Letter(s) of Reference

* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.

Last Updated: September 19, 2017