Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
Killam Centre for Advanced Studies, 2-29 Triffo Hall
Canada T6G 2E1
||Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
|Field of Study:
||Business Administration and Management, GeneralLaw (LL.B, J.D., B.C.L.)
||Historically, the disciplines of business and law have been closely associated in both the public and private sector. In our global economy, businesses now deal with more complex issues concerning government regulations and international trade policies. With the growth in the size of law firms, lawyers are faced with new administrative challenges of managing a professional service firm. Our MBA/JD joint program delivers the skills to improve the effectiveness of managers, policy makers, and legal advisers by providing students with strong management skills and an in-depth specialization in law.
The Alberta School of Business in partnership with the Faculty of Law offers the joint MBA/JD that can be completed full-time in four years, one year less than taking each degree separately. This unique program allows individuals with an undergraduate degree in any area, the opportunity to combine management courses with studies in law. Students are asked to indicate their interest in the MBA/JD program during the application process and on their statement of intent. Once a student has been separately admitted into both the MBA Program and the JD Program, the student is asked to notify the MBA Office of their desire for the MBA/JD Program and their successful admission into the Faculty of Law.
||Business/Law (MBA/JD) at University of Alberta - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Graduate Management Admission Test
- Law School Admission Test
|Additional Admission Requirements:
The following criteria are used in assessing applications:
- A minimum of two years of work experience
- GMAT score (min of 550)
- Three letters of reference
- English Language Proficiency for Non-native English speakers
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
- Work Experience
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 18, 2015