Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
2J200 Walter C Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre
Canada T6G 2R7
||Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
|Field of Study:
||Cell Biology and Anatomy
||The Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, offers graduate programs leading to MSc and PhD degrees in cell and molecular biology. The Department provides a world-class training environment in a broad range of areas such as organelle biogenesis and protein targeting, apoptosis and cell signaling, organelle proteomics, virology, protein folding and prions, developmental cell biology, mRNA regulation, molecular evolution, cell-cell contact, neurotrophic factors and axonal transport, as well as neurobiology of the autonomic system. . Through a strong independent research program, complemented with seminars and formal coursework, students are trained to identify important problems, critically analyze scientific information and effectively communicate their results.
||Cell Biology at University of Alberta - Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 600] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 100] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 7] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
In support of the application, the following documents must be provided:
- Final official transcripts and degree certificates from all post-secondary institutions attended;
- Three letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes with a signature across the seal) either on the recommendation form and/or referee’s institution letterhead;
- CV form;
- Interest Indicator form;
- Statement of Interest (1000 words maximum; student will outline qualifications for Cell Biology research and indicate why Cell Biology at University of Alberta was chosen)
Applicants may also take a PTE with a minimum score of 68 in order to prove their English proficiency.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 16, 2015