Graduate Studies and Research
923 Robie Street
Canada B3H 3C3
Applied Science (M.Sc.)
||Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
|Field of Study:
||The Master of Science in Applied Science Program is a research thesis-oriented, multidisciplinary degree program. The objectives of the program are to provide graduate students with the opportunity to conduct research in a single or a multidisciplinary field of study with practical application; to produce graduates with valuable skills in research and communication preparing them for careers in related fields of research and development in industry or government, as well as for further graduate studies at the doctoral level. The normal duration of the Program for full-time students is two years. Students may also be admitted for part-time study with the permission of the Program Executive. Students may pursue their degree through a series of work and study terms; this Cooperative option is available for both full and part-time students in the Program. Students benefit from the able guidance of experts in related fields of study within the institution and from outside, as the composition of the supervisory committee reflects the Program’s emphasis on the multidisciplinary approach to research. Collaborative research projects with experts at recognized external research institutions are encouraged and, in the case of Co-operative option of study, essential to the success of the student.
||Applied Science (M.Sc.) at Saint Mary's University - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
||70 to 100
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
Additional documentation required:
- Supplemental Form (http://www.smu.ca/webfiles/SF_MSS_web.pdf)
- A current CV/resume
- Research Proposal: On a separate sheet of paper (with your name at the top), please state your research area and potential supervisor. Also outline your career aspirations, interests and long-range goals.
- Official transcripts for all universities and colleges attended.
- Three (3) recommendation forms.
- Official Proof of English Language Proficiency (if required).
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: August 03, 2018