Graduate Studies and Research
923 Robie Street
Canada B3H 3C3
Atlantic Canada Studies (MA)
||Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
|Field of Study:
||Regional Studies (U.S., Canadian, Foreign)
||There are sound intellectual and practical reasons for pursuing an interdisciplinary program of regional studies. It offers a unique combination of social-scientific and cultural-historical perspectives. The program takes an interdisciplinary approach to the culture, politics, economy, environment and history of the region and, as a consequence, students learn the conceptual perspectives and analytical tools of several academic disciplines in their research and study.
There are particular advantages to an interdisciplinary approach to further study. This applies, for instance, to people employed by government at various levels. It also applies to managers in public and private enterprise, members of the teaching profession, business people, policy makers, and individuals whose occupation requires them to deal with social, economic, political, or cultural problems. For many of these people, a broad understanding of the region is vital.
||Atlantic Canada Studies (MA) at Saint Mary's University - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
||70 to 100
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
- Supplemental Form (http://www.smu.ca/webfiles/SF_ACS_web.pdf)
- Research Proposal: A statement of 300 to 500 words specifying your proposed thesis research interests.
- Sample(s) of academic or other written work (10-25 pages in length).
- Short description of the courses taken in Atlantic Canada Studies, or related courses.
- Official transcripts for all universities and colleges attended.
- Three (3) recommendation forms.
- A current CV/Resume.
- Official Proof of English Language Proficiency (if required).
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: August 03, 2018