Graduate Studies and Research
923 Robie Street
Canada B3H 3C3
||Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
|Field of Study:
||The Master of Arts in Criminology offers students an opportunity for advanced critical work in areas such as the social construction of crime, punishment; socio-legal studies; social justice and equality; alternative justice systems, and governance and regulation. The Program provides students with the analytical and research skills necessary for further graduate study; research or teaching; policy research and practice; employment in government/non-government agencies, and the private sector.
The Department of Sociology and Criminology at Saint Mary's University has established an excellent scholarly and professional reputation in the field of critical criminology focusing on the analysis of how unequal power relations shape the social and historical construction of regulation, crime/criminality and justice by the state, private groups and academic scholarship.
||Criminology (MA) at Saint Mary's University - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
||77 to 100
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
- Supplemental Form (http://www.smu.ca/webfiles/SF_CRIM_web.pdf)
- Research Proposal: Please submit a statement of approximately 1000 words specifying your proposed thesis research interests. (Please visit http://www.smu.ca/academics/departments/soc-crim-ma-criminology.html for details on the research statement.)
- Sample of academic or other written work (15-25 pages in length).
- A current CV/Resume
- Official transcripts for all universities and colleges attended.
Three (3) recommendation forms.
Official Proof of English Language Proficiency (if required).
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: August 03, 2018