Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
170 - 6371 Crescent Road
Canada V6T 1Z2
Geological Engineering (PhD) - Doctor of Philosophy in Geological Engineering
||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:
||Our program delivers an interdisciplinary experience, combining principles of geotechnical engineering, hydrogeology and geology, to provide a versatile set of skills needed to solve a wide range of practical problems related to engineering interactions with the earth environment.
Faculty members in the Geological Engineering program have research interests in the following general areas:
- landslides, debris flows, runout analysis, hazard assessment
- groundwater hydrology, groundwater contamination & remediation, reactive transport modeling, environmental geochemistry
- rock mechanics & rock engineering, open pit & underground mine design, tunnelling
Other research areas include geotechnical engineering, environmental geology, economic geology and applied geophysics. Students are encouraged to consult individual faculty members for information about current research areas.
||Geological Engineering (PhD) - Doctor of Philosophy in Geological Engineering at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies
|Areas of Research:
||landslides, debris flows, engineering geology, slope stability; groundwater hydrology, groundwater contamination and remediation, reactive transport modeling, environmental geochemistry; rock engineering, rock slopes, and tunneling
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery
Applicants whose degrees are from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must present evidence of competency to pursue studies in the English language prior to being extended an offer of admission.GRE is not a required document but may be included with your application if submitted.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: September 20, 2017