Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
170 - 6371 Crescent Road
Canada V6T 1Z2
Social Work (MSW) - Master of Social Work - Advanced
||Faculty of Arts
|Field of Study:
||The MSW at UBC can be achieved within one of three fields of practice: Health and social care; Family and Children's Services; Social and International Development. Organized around an ethic of social care and social justice, each stream of practice shares some core courses and electives germane to the student's field of practice. Related practicum experiences build on knowledge and skills cultivated in the classroom. Typically, students complete a practicum in the field of practice addressed in their area of concentration.
- Founded in 1928, the School of Social Work is the oldest social work training institution in British Columbia.
- With a focus on social justice, the School prepares students for advanced social work practice at undergraduate, master and doctoral levels.
- The School of Social Work has 16.5 full-time faculty and enrolls approximately 65 Master's students each year.
- We are small enough that students and faculty can enjoy regular one-on-one contact.
- Our Field Education Coordinators provide personalized service to seek practicum placements suited to students' individual learning goals.
- The School of Social Work's MSW program is fully accredited by the Canadian Association of Social Work Education.
- The School of Social Work is home to the Centre for Inclusion and Citizenship and the Centre for Research in Personhood in Dementia.
||Social Work (MSW) - Master of Social Work - Advanced at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 237] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 93] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
Applicants whose degrees are from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must present evidence of competency to pursue studies in the English language prior to being extended an offer of admission.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: September 27, 2017