Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
170 - 6371 Crescent Road
Canada V6T 1Z2
Archival Studies (MAS) - Master of Archival Studies
||Faculty of Arts
|Field of Study:
||Public/Applied History and Archival Administration
||The MAS program prepares professionals to exercise creativity, integrity and leadership in designing, implementing and promoting programs and systems for the creation, organization, management, preservation and effective use of records and archives.
Program content focuses on:
- Nature of records and archives
- The life-cycle of records from creation to preservation
- Records systems and archival systems
- Selection of records and their acquisition in archives
- Intellectual control of records and archives and provision of access
- Records, archives and the law
- Ethical and professional responsibilities
- History of record-keeping and archives
In 1981 the Master of Archival Studies program was created at UBC making it the first graduate program in archival studies in North America. Home to internationally recognized faculty for their research and contributions to the field of archival studies, the School offers students unique opportunities to engage in international research projects in this discipline.
||Archival Studies (MAS) - Master of Archival Studies at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
||76 to 100
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 600] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 250] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 100]
Applicants whose degrees are from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must present evidence of competency to pursue studies in the English language prior to being extended an offer of admission.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: September 18, 2017