Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
170 - 6371 Crescent Road
Canada V6T 1Z2
Mining Engineering (PhD) - Doctor of Philosophy in Mining Engineering
||Faculty of Applied Science
|Field of Study:
||Mining and Mineral Engineering
||Backed by an unparalleled reputation for expertise and innovation in mineral extraction, mineral processing and environmental protection, the graduate program in Mining Engineering has two types of students in mind:
- Those from industry who wish to improve their workplace skills; and
- Those who wish to pursue research leading to advances in state-of-the-art or state-of-the-practice mining and mineral process engineering.
In order to best meet the needs of these two groups, the program encourages interaction between universities in North America and other countries. In many cases, this collaborative outlook leads to joint research projects and student exchanges.
In keeping with the collaborative approach of the NBK Institute of Mining Engineering, one of the Department’s greatest strengths lies in its ties with Canada’s mining industry.
Most of our students have opportunities for industry employment and participation in research activity at working mines. This hands-on approach helps our students develop practical skills and gain exposure to valuable case histories. Also, many of our faculty members are active within industry through consulting activities and involvement in professional societies relating to mining.
The department provides opportunities for interdisciplinary work on social, economic as well as engineering research. Other advantages are international research and travel opportunities and connections to CIRDI. Vancouver is a centre for Mining Activity in Canada with its abundance of junior mining companies, finance for mining companies, and law for mining companies.
The end result is an innovative, industry-responsive and internationally recognized graduate program of the highest caliber.
||Mining Engineering (PhD) - Doctor of Philosophy in Mining Engineering at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: September 25, 2017