Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
170 - 6371 Crescent Road
Canada V6T 1Z2
Chemistry (MSc) - Master of Science in Chemistry
||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:
||As one of the world's leading Chemistry Departments, we create an exceptional research and learning environment for advancing and sharing knowledge that emphasizes excellence, equity and sustainability. Research areas include:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Biological & Medicinal Chemistry
- Catalytic Processes
- Chemical Education Initiatives
- Chemical Physics
- Chemical Synthesis
- Environmental Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Interfacial and Surface Chemistry
- Materials & Polymer Chemistry
- Molecular Spectroscopy
- Nuclear and Radiochemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical & Theoretical Chemistry
Outstanding facilities and resources accommodate more than 500 graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and faculty that call the Department of Chemistry home. The Department has one of the most comfortable and up-to-date research spaces in North America, and offers MSc and PhD degrees - both degrees require graduate courses and research work reported in a thesis.
Courses offered in the Chemistry Department cover a wide range of subject matter, from synthetic organic chemistry to chemical physics and theory.
The department is one of the most well equipped research facilities along the west coast and is fortunate to be located in a breathtaking locale that includes ocean, mountains and mild climate.
||Chemistry (MSc) - Master of Science in Chemistry at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies
|Areas of Research:
||Analytical, Biological, Environmental, Inorganic, Materials, Nuclear & Radiochemistry, Organic, Physical & Theoretical
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 600] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 200] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 100] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 81]
- Graduate Record Examination
Applicants whose degrees are from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must present evidence of competency to pursue studies in the English language prior to being extended an offer of admission. GRE test scores in both the General and Subject (Chemistry) tests.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: September 18, 2017