The Master of Divinity program offers flexibility in course selection for those who are preparing for a form of Christian ministry. This program is intended for those who expect to be involved in staff positions in churches or in para-church ministries. Taylor now offers a 77-hour MDiv program, which focuses on essential ministry preparation and spiritual formation. This program is intended to serve students by reducing the time and cost involved in getting their degree.
Graduation from the MDiv program should enable the student to demonstrate:
1. The personal and spiritual maturity expected of a minister of the Gospel and a commitment to ongoing growth.
2. A broad knowledge of the Bible and theology and the ability to apply this knowledge in a redemptive ministry in the church and the world.
3. Commitment to the church’s worldwide mission of gospel proclamation, discipleship, and social change.
4. Competence in the skills required for the teaching, preaching, worship, pastoral care, evangelistic, and administrative ministries of the church.
5. The ability to provide effective leadership in ministry.