Shannon School of Business
P.O. Box 5300, 1250 Grand Lake Road
Canada B1P 6L2
Master of Business Administration in Community Economic Development (MBA in CED)
||Shannon School of Business
|Field of Study:
||Business Administration and Management, General
||Cape Breton University’s MBA in Community Economic Development (CED) is an advanced program with community at its core; it resonates with people who wish to make a difference in their organizations and their communities. The MBA in CED curriculum, in addition to business subjects found in traditional MBA programs, focuses on economic development, leadership, strategy, governance, managing change and international management. This program is designed for learners and graduates who aspire to play leadership roles in the public sector, in Third Sector organizations, and in community-minded businesses. CBU’s MBA in CED aims to develop a new generation of leaders who have strong business management capabilities, well developed collaborative and interpersonal skills, and deep knowledge of accountability, social responsibility, and development issues and practices. Graduates are equipped with the knowledge and skills to make a difference in leading organizations in an increasingly global community and economy.
CBU’s size and governance structure allows for the adaption of curriculum in a timely fashion to meet the evolving requirements of learners and organizations. The special appeal of the MBA in CED is evidenced by the demand for this program in different regions of Canada.
||Master of Business Administration in Community Economic Development (MBA in CED) at Cape Breton University - Shannon School of Business
|Cost per year:
On campus graduate MBA 3-credit courses are charged tuition of $1,374.00.
Off-campus graduate MBA 3-credit courses are charged tuition of $2.077.00.
- Graduate Management Admission Test
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 80] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60]
TWE score of 4.5 is required with TOEFL. MELAB (85) and CANTest (4.5 R & L, 4 W) are also acceptable.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
* satisfactory performance in an interview
* a resume detailing employment experience, skills, community involvement, and interests
* a 500-800 word statement on desire to enter the program
* three references, at least two of whom must be community leaders or authorities in the field of community development
Candidates who do not have an undergraduate degree, and show potential for success in graduate level study, may be admitted to the MBA in CED as non-traditional students. Extensive career and/or volunteer experience are expected. The candidates will be assessed individually in such areas as experience and performance in a number of education/training courses. Applicants must provide all documentation listed above and a 4-6 page essay outlining desire to enter the program. Reference letters must be originals, sent directly by the referees. Only official transcripts sent by the Registrar of the issuing institution will be accepted. The Educational Testing Service must forward GMAT, GRE and TOEFL/IELTS score reports. Photocopies of any of these documents will not be accepted.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 20, 2015