Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
2J200 Walter C Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre
Canada T6G 2R7
Nursing - Aging
||Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
|Field of Study:
||Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN)
||The Master of Nursing program prepares nurses for leadership roles including advanced nursing practice. Graduates gain skills in the ability to articulate and use theoretical, experiential, and research bases for practice as well as demonstrate specialized clinical competence in complex situations with a defined population. There are opportunities to acquire skills in program development, program evaluation, research utilization, and the policy process. Leadership skills, evidence-based practice, case management principles, and ethics will be strong threads across all streams. Full-time/part-time and thesis/course-based study options are available.
The Faculty of Nursing offers a PhD in Nursing program designed to educate for excellence in the development and testing of nursing knowledge. The number and types of courses included in the program will vary according to the individual needs of the student.
||Nursing - Aging at University of Alberta - Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 587] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 97]
|Additional Admission Requirements:
The following documentation is required for an application to be considered:
- On-line application submitted (this includes Special & Visiting Graduate Students).
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended including any institution where the student was an Open Studies/Unclassified student and/or took only a few courses. Students who have taken course work through the University of Alberta do not need to request an official U of A transcript.
- Three letters of reference (from an academic setting and a nursing practice setting). Students seeking admission to the program in a specific advanced practice specialty area should provide a letter of support regarding their clinical expertise in that specialty area if possible.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- MN Background Information form.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Work Experience
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 17, 2015