School of Business
3 - 23 Business Building
Canada T6G 2R6
||School of Business
|Field of Study:
||Finance is the branch of economics that deals with capital markets. Possible specializations within finance include corporate finance, corporate control, asset pricing, portfolio theory, derivatives, market microstructure, behavioral finance, financial institutions, international finance, and valuation. We have between 60-70 students, with an entering class of 12-15 per year. There is substantial demand for business faculty at universities around the world. Many of our students obtain multiple offers for tenure-track positions, and starting salaries are usually between C$100,000 and C$200,000, depending on university and major. Graduates of our program have obtained positions in prestigious universities throughout the world, including California-Berkeley, Emory, HEC (Paris), Hong Kong Inst of Science and Technology, Imperial College (London), Iowa, Ivey Business School at Western U., McGill, and the Wharton Business School at U. of Pennsylvania.
||Finance at University of Alberta - School of Business
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Graduate Management Admission Test
- Graduate Record Examination [min. 159]
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
Applicants must have three letters of reference evaluating an applicant's capability for original research, as well as a statement of purpose identifying potential thesis supervisors and topics of research interest.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 16, 2015