Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
Killam Centre for Advanced Studies, 2-29 Triffo Hall
Canada T6G 2E1
||Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
|Field of Study:
||AnthropologyComputer ScienceHumanities/Humanistic Studies
||The Humanities Computing Program offers three unique programs: 1) A 2-year Master of Arts (MA) degree pursued as an individualized program within the Office of Interdisciplinary Studies; 2) A 2-year Master of Arts (MA) degree with a specialization in Anthropology; and 3) A 3-year MA/MLIS program which gives you a dual degree: a Master of Arts (MA) in Humanities Computing and and a Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) from the School of Library and Information Sciences.
||Anthropology/Humanities Computing at University of Alberta - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550]
Applicants are encouraged to identify potential supervisors in advance of the review of their application, by contacting one or more potentially suitable faculty members. Please review the faculty members’ webpages for potential availability and fit. When contacting a potential supervisor, it is recommended you send an email including:
- A detailed CV
- A statement indicating your interest in their program of research
- A brief background statement reviewing your related courses and work/research experience.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
Applicants are required to provide: transcripts; three letters of reference; a definitive statement of intent; a detailed curriculum vitae; and a written sample of recent work (e.g. marked paper, published article, article manuscript, MA thesis or part thereof) - this will be used to assess analytical ability.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Work Experience
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 18, 2015