Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
Killam Centre for Advanced Studies, 2-29 Triffo Hall
Canada T6G 2E1
||Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
|Field of Study:
||Cell Biology and Anatomy
||The Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, offers graduate programs leading to the MSc and PhD degrees in cell biology. The Department provides a world-class training environment in a range of areas including organelle biogenesis and disease, virology, cancer apoptosis and signal transduction, proteomics, molecular evolution, RNA biology, chaperones and pathogen-host interactions, and spinal cord injury. Through a strong independent research program, complemented by seminars and formal coursework, students are trained to identify important problems, critically analyze scientific information and effectively communicate their results.
||Cell Biology at University of Alberta - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
|Areas of Research:
||Cell and Molecular Biology: cell to cell contact, cell cycling and signalling, apoptosis, transcriptional control, organelle biogenesis, proteomics, protein and mRNA targeting, developmental cell biology; Neurobiology: axonal transport, neurotrophic factors, autonomic neuroscience.
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 100] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 600] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 7] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
Applicants may also take a PTE with a minimum score of 68 in order to prove their English proficiency.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
Please note a complete application should include:
- A complete online application
- Three letters of reference
- Official University transcripts from all post secondary institutions attended
- A CV form
- An interest indicator
- Statement of Interest (1000 words maximum; student will outline qualifications for Cell Biology research and indicate why Cell Biology at the University of Alberta was chosen)
- A valid TOEFL score (minimum score of 100)
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 18, 2015