Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
Killam Centre for Advanced Studies, 2-29 Triffo Hall
Canada T6G 2E1
||Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
|Field of Study:
||Business/Commerce, GeneralForestry, General
||Combine advanced forestry knowledge with managerial skills for a competitive advantage in the global marketplace. Our MBA/MF (Master of Forestry) joint degree prepares you to take a leadership role in Canada’s greatest source of export revenue. The forestry sector is one of Canada's top export sectors and contributes billions to the Canadian Economy.
Success in forestry and management requires the ability to blend theory and practice to solve real-world problems. This program balances a strong foundation in management fundamentals with leading edge practices in the science of forestry. The joint forestry program addresses issues pertaining to integrated resource management and sustainable development. Communication skills, leadership, critical thinking and initiative will play an important role in your experience in the joint program as you work in teams to solve problems and define innovative solutions. The Alberta School of Business in partnership with the Faculty of Agricultural, Life and Environmental Sciences offers the joint MBA/MF that can be completed full-time in two years or on a part-time basis in up to six years. This unique program allows individuals with an undergraduate degree in forestry and several years of professional work experience the opportunity to combine management courses with advanced studies in forestry.
||Business/Forestry (MBA/MF) at University of Alberta - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Graduate Management Admission Test [min. 550]
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 600] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. ]
|Additional Admission Requirements:
The following criteria are used in assessing applications:
- A minimum of two years of work experience
- GMAT score (min of 550)
- Three letters of reference
- English Language Proficiency for Non-native English speakers
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
- Work Experience
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 18, 2015