Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
2J200 Walter C Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre
Canada T6G 2R7
Medical Microbiology and Immunology
||Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
|Field of Study:
||The Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology offers programs leading to the degrees of Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy. Students may specialize in the following areas: bacteriology, immunology, mycology, parasitology, virology, macromolecular crystallography, or clinical microbiology. Both programs require coursework, completion of a research project, and preparation of a thesis.
||Medical Microbiology and Immunology at University of Alberta - Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry
|Areas of Research:
||The staff of the Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology is currently carrying out research in various aspects of cellular, molecular, reproductive, and tumour immunology; microbial pathogenesis; and the development of novel methods for the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases.
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 600] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 96] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
1. Online application ($100 fee).
2. We request applicants submit a maximum two page personal statement indicating their motivation for pursing graduate studies.
3. Proof of English proficiency if necessary.
4. Curriculum Vitae accompanied with a cover sheet found on the FGSR website.
5. Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
6. Three letters of reference, preferably from Professors familiar with applicants research experience.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
There is no specific deadline for applications and the admissions committee meets most months of the year to consider applications. September start dates are preferred and International applicants require 4-5 months in advance of the proposed start date. To be considered for internal studentships, applications must be completed by April 1.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 17, 2015