Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
Killam Centre for Advanced Studies, 2-29 Triffo Hall
Canada T6G 2E1
Chemical and Materials Engineering
||Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
|Field of Study:
||Chemical EngineeringMaterials Engineering
||The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program is a rigourous, research-oriented program requiring the completion of a thesis. Taking specialization to the next level, this program builds on students' analytical skills and leads to careers in academics or corporate research.
The general requirements for the PhD degree consist of successful completion of course work, participation in the graduate seminar, and presentation of a thesis which embodies the results of independent research.
||Chemical and Materials Engineering at University of Alberta - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
|Areas of Research:
||General fields for research in chemical engineering include fluid mechanics and rheology; reaction kinetics and catalysis; mass transfer and separation processes; heat transfer; thermodynamics, hydrocarbon P-V-T and phase equilibrium studies; polymer reactor engineering; computer process control; dynamic simulation; biotechnology, mathematical modelling and environmental engineering.
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 92] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 90] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 7]
- Graduate Record Examination
Applicants may also take a PTE with a minimum score of 62 in order to prove their English proficiency. a 6.0 is required in each band for the IELTS. The GRE is not mandatory but is highly recommended.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
Applicants must submit, in PDF format, the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal one-page statement
- Three references
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 18, 2015