Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
845 Sherbrooke Street West
Canada H3A 2T5
Communication Studies (M.A. Thesis)
||Faculty of Arts
|Field of Study:
||Communication Studies/Speech Communication and RhetoricMass Communication/Media Studies
||The Master's program requires a three-semester residency, the successful completion of a total of 7 courses (21 credits, including the proseminar course), a thesis (equivalent to 24 credits), and the fulfillment of a French language requirement.
The proseminar and five other courses must be taken during the first year. The seventh and remaining course may be taken the first year or during the Fall semester of the second year. Courses must be at the 500 level or above and will normally be chosen from those offered by the Program or by affiliated professors. Two courses may be taken outside of the Program or as directed readings and they must be approved by your advisor or the Graduate Director for Communication Studies. Students are encouraged to consider taking one of their courses in the graduate programs in Communications of other universities in Montreal.
||Communication Studies (M.A. Thesis) at McGill University - Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
|Cost per year:
For more information see: http://www.mcgill.ca/student-accounts/tuition-charges/fallwinter-term-tuition-and-fees/graduate-fees
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550]
1. Application form (to be filled out online).
2. Application fee (payable by credit card when filling out the online application).
3. Transcripts (2 official copies).*
4. Letters of Recommendation (2 original letters on letterhead).*
5. Written samples (2 samples in English or French).
6. Statement of interest of at least 500 words addressing the student's interest in Communication and the proposed area of research.
7. Proof of Citizenship (Copy of Passport or Birth Certificate).
8. For international applicants whose first language is not English please follow this link.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 23, 2015