Faculty of Medicine
Office of Admissions, G302 Health Sciences Centre, 3330 Hospital Drive N.W.
Canada T2N 4N1
||Faculty of Medicine
|Field of Study:
||The Gastrointestinal Research Group (GIRG) is a major centre for studying disorders of the digestive system. This group is a multi-disciplinary group comprised of 17 Faculty members from a variety of basic science and clinical departments, including Physiology & Biophysics, Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Microbiology & Infectious Diseases, Pediatrics, Medicine and Surgery. Most members of the GIRG are involved in laboratory-based research, while others perform clinical research. Some members of the GIRG do both laboratory and clinical research. The laboratories of the GIRG are located on the first floor of the Health Sciences Centre, adjacent to the Foothills Hospital.
||Gastrointestinal Sciences at Faculty of Medicine at the University of Calgary
|Cost per year:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based)
The documents that potential students are required to submit in order to be considered for admission are:
* Two copies of all official transcripts of grades and 2 copies of degree certificates (if applicable) - these must be sent directly from the issuing institution in a sealed and stamped envelope, and mailed to the Gastrointestinal Sciences Graduate Program.
* Your current CV
* Three references from individuals that can attest to your academic experience
* English Language Proficiency (if applicable)- TOEFL/IELTS test scores (Please note: the minimum TOEFL score requirement is 600 on the paper - based test, 250 on the computer - based test or 100 on the Internet - based test). Scores form the Graduate Record Examination may be submitted as well.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: August 18, 2012