Faculty of Law
84 Queen's Park
Canada M5S 2C5
Juridical Science (S.J.D.)
||Faculty of Law
|Field of Study:
||Canadian Law/Legal Studies/Jurisprudence (Graduate Level)
||The doctoral program at the Faculty of Law provides an opportunity for outstanding law graduates to pursue original academic research at the highest level. It is becoming increasingly common for Canadian and international law schools to hire doctoral graduates as law faculty. Those aspiring to an academic career in a law faculty should seriously consider pursuing the SJD program. SJD alumni also pursue successful careers in private practice, government, and non-governmental organizations.
The depth of expertise of the law school’s faculty provide graduate students with a rare opportunity to pursue intensive research on a wide range of topics. The school has established several collaborative research programs in recent years, focusing on important and topical branches of legal studies. Our program consistently produces scholars of the highest calibre, and recent graduates of the SJD program are now teaching at our own school, and at other schools in Canada and around the world.
||Juridical Science (S.J.D.) at University of Toronto Law School
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
||77 to 79
- Test of Written English (part of TOEFL) [min. 5]
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 600] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. ]
Applicants must provide a writing sample to demonstrate their potential for academic legal scholarship as well as their English language skills.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: January 24, 2018