Faculty of Law
306B Robson Hall, 224 Dysart Road
Canada R3T 2N2
The Manitoba Law School was jointly sponsored by the University of Manitoba and the Law Society of Manitoba; both bodies took part in the planning from the beginning. In the summer of 1914 they entered into an agreement, subsequently endorsed by legislation, which provided for the creation of the School, offering a three year course consisting of lectures and apprenticeship leading to both an LL.B. degree and a call to the Bar and admission to practice. Expenses of the School were shared equally by the two parent bodies and its operations were supervised by a jointly appointed Board of Trustees. This arrangement between the University of Manitoba and the Law Society of Manitoba continued until 1966 when the Law School became the Faculty of Law of the University of Manitoba.
Areas of Expertise
First Nations law, business, and trade.
Last Updated: Sep. 04, 2015