Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
Killam Centre for Advanced Studies, 2-29 Triffo Hall
Canada T6G 2E1
||Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
|Field of Study:
||Business Administration and Management, GeneralMedical Residency Programs, Other
||The MD/MBA program targets a select group of medical students who recognize the value of combining medical studies with management skills and expertise. The combined degree program develops physician managers capable of pursuing careers that balance clinical care with managing change in a healthcare environment. Graduates will have the ability to pursue careers in a wide range of healthcare areas, from the small clinics to large tertiary healthcare facilities.
The combined program combines the four-year Doctor of Medicine degree with the Master of Business Administration degree. The combined degree program requires five years of study. Upon successful completion of the combined program, graduates will receive both an MBA and MD degree at the conclusion of the five-year period. There are no changes to the MD degree requirements other than adding an extra year to the overall requirements and allowing a break between the pre-clinical and clinical years (between year two and year three) of medical studies to allow the student to complete the requirements for the MBA. The MBA requirements are 42 credits. Each student must apply separately to the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry (for admission into the MD program) and any time in the first two years of the MD program may apply to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (for admission into the MBA program).
||Business/Medicine (MBA/MD) at University of Alberta - Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research
|Cost per year:
This is an estimate of all the expenses.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Graduate Management Admission Test [min. 550] or Graduate Record Examination [min. 50]
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 100] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 7] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 7] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85]
|Additional Admission Requirements:
The following criteria are used in assessing applications:
- A minimum of two years of work experience
- GMAT score (min of 550)
- Three letters of reference
- English Language Proficiency for Non-native English speakers
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
- Work Experience
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: July 18, 2015