School of Graduate Studies
3 Bailey Drive
Canada E3B 5A3
Tel. (506) 453-4673
TollFree: (888) 895-3344
Fax: (506) 453-4817
Education Studies (Ph.D.)
||Faculty of Education
|Field of Study:
||Educational Administration and Supervision, Other
||The degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education Studies is a research degree requiring a thesis on original and significant research in the field of Education. The goals of this degree are to assist individuals to study, design and conduct research at an advanced level, to develop the competence and expertise needed to assume positions of educational leadership, to work collaboratively with colleagues in educational endeavours, and to continue their professional development.
||Education Studies (Ph.D.) at University of New Brunswick - School of Graduate Studies
|Cost per year:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 650] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 280] or Test of Written English (part of TOEFL) [min. 5.5]
|Additional Admission Requirements:
1. Three academic and professional references.
2. Official copies of transcripts of previous academic degrees submitted by the relevant
institution directly to the School of Graduate Studies.
3. Evidence supporting academic background in education studies.
4. Official copies of GRE results if applicable.
5. Official copies of scores from tests for written or oral English for applicants from countries
where the language of education is not English.
6. One-page statement of research goals
7. Evidence supporting work/teaching experience and general competence in education-related
areas such as teaching, counselling, administration, program development, program
evaluation, and the like.
8. Evidence supporting ability to do independent research and to write in English. These
materials will be returned if requested.
9. Application fee.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
- Work Experience
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: September 03, 2015