Office of the Registrar
3333 University Way
Prince George, BC
Canada V2N 4Z9
|Field of Study:
||Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN)
||The Master of Science in Nursing is an advanced nursing practice degree that is theory-based to prepare graduates to become autonomous practitioners, collaborators, nurse researchers, leaders, educators, change agents and role models. Graduates of the academic stream will work in a variety of health care settings as clinical nurse specialists, educators, administrators and researchers, and will work with diverse populations across all age groups.
Internal approval to launch two new degrees in advanced nursing practice at UNBC has occurred. These two streams to the Master’s degree program are:
1. Family Nurse Practitioner (MScN: FNP)
2. Academic Master’s or Master of Science in Nursing (MScN)
These two streams share five core courses in common. These five core nursing courses are built on undergraduate disciplinary learning and focus on community and program development and evaluation; engaging in debates influencing health care policy; applying research and undertaking evidence-based practice; promoting the health of Indigenous Peoples; and developing nursing knowledge in relation to advanced practice nursing in northern BC. Students taking the academic MScN will then complete three additional courses and a thesis or major project. Students taking the FNP stream will complete four clinical courses and three practicum/internship experiences.
||Nursing (M.Sc.N.) at University of Northern British Columbia - Office of Graduate Programs
|Cost per year:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 570] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 230] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 89] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
|Additional Admission Requirements:
Must submit an application form, statement of academic interests, nursing practice resume, criminal record search, proof of practicing membership, 3 assessment reports/ letters of reference, 1 official transcript, 1 official transcript for all post secondary education institutes attended and application fee.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: August 21, 2012