Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
845 Sherbrooke Street West
Canada H3A 2T5
||Faculty of Arts
|Field of Study:
||Communication Studies/Speech Communication and RhetoricMass Communication/Media Studies
||Candidates with an M.A. will be admitted at the PhD2 level of the doctoral program, thereby gaining credit for one year of resident study. Three years of residence are normally required for the PhD degree. The program of study is comprised of 5 courses (15 credits), the Pro-Seminar (3 credits), a comprehensive examination (0 credits), a dissertation proposal (0 credits), and a written dissertation with its defence.
||Communication Studies at McGill University - Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
|Cost per year:
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550]
1. Application form (to be filled out online).
2. Application fee (payable by credit card when filling out the online application).
3. Transcripts (2 official copies).*
4. Letters of Recommendation (2 original letters on letterhead).*
5. Written samples (2 samples in English or French).
6. Statement of interest of at least 500 words addressing the student's interest in Communication and the proposed area of research.
7. Proof of Citizenship (Copy of Passport or Birth Certificate).
8. For international applicants whose first language is not English please follow this link.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.
Last Updated: August 05, 2013